The CBC has released its shortlist of five finalists for the 2017 #CanadaReads debates.
According to the cbc.ca/books website:
Five Canadians – an actor, a musician, a comedian, a performer and a veteran – will battle it out to become the next Canada Reads champion beginning March 27, 2017.
Over four days, the five defenders will bring their diverse perspectives to answer the question: What is the one book Canadians need now?
The contenders and their chosen books are:
- Chantal Kreviazuk defending The Right to Be Cold by Sheila Watt-Cloutier
- Humble The Poet defending Fifteen Dogs by André Alexis
- Tamara Taylor defending Company Town by Madeline Ashby
- Candy Palmater defending The Break by Katherena Vermette
- Jody Mitic defending Nostalgia by M.G. Vassanji