“Laughter is unfound prayer and the only time a person is completely unguarded.”
— Erin Harris
That’s me momz! Famous? Check. Gifted writer? You bet. Awesomeness factor? Off the charts.
This a real quote because (a) she said it, and (b) the time she did say these words – many, many moons ago, when tigers smoked – I actually wrote them down.
Today, when not coming up with magic like above, she gives of her time at the Older Women’s Network (OWN), a volunteer organization that has, among other things over the years:
• worked for the expansion of opportunities for older women in the work force
• pressed governments for economic security for older women, many of whom were left penniless after divorce
• advocated for affordable housing
• supported government initiatives to develop long-term care and aging-at-home projects
• combated ageism and sexism in the media and in government programs
• continued the process of consciousness-raising through the study of feminist literature and its application to the lives of women